Dr. Grant McFetridge directs the research and development efforts at the Institute for the Study of Peak States. "I did my doctoral work in psychology at the California Institute for Integral Studies and at the University for Integrative Learning. My areas of expertise are in diagnosis, spiritual emergency, and treating unusual problems."
"I use a multi-disciplinary approach in my work - I did my graduate study in electrical engineering at Stanford University, and still occassionally teach electrical engineering at a California state university."
Videos, books and audio material:
Dr. McFetridge specializes in clients with spiritual emergencies and other issues involving unusual, spiritual or 'peak' states of consciousness.
What to Expect in Sessions:
Most of his time is spent doing research with the Institute of Peak States, hence he has few client appointments available. If you wish to work with Dr. McFetridge, he will usually do the session with another advanced therapist from the Institute.
- He founded the Institute for the Study of Peak States in 1996 in Canada (www.peakstates.com).
- Dr. McFetridge is an expert in prenatal trauma and unusual states of consciousness.
- He is also the creator of one of the fundamental approaches to healing trauma and PTSD, the Whole-Hearted Healing regression technique.
- He has written textbooks in the field of psychology, Peak States of Consciousness, Volumes 1 & 2, as well as The Basic Whole-Hearted Healing Manual.
- He currently is the director of research at the Institute, and trains peak states therapists.
Dr. McFetridge graduated from Stanford University with a MSEE. He worked as an engineer, consultant, and university teacher during his engineering career. He was in the doctoral psychology program at the California Institute for Integral Studies, and received his doctorate in psychology from University for Integrative Learning in California.
October 7, 2012: Testing new page layour.
September 1, 2012: New page.